The success of Fuse.Cloud is heavily reliant on the members of our technical operations team. The Systems Engineer is a full-time employee and is a critical team member at Fuse.Cloud. In this role, the employee is responsible for IT-related on-boarding, support and maintenance for Fuse.Cloud customers. The employee reports directly to the Director of Customer Support.
This position is exempt from the minimum wage and overtime provisions of the FLSA. This is a full-time position. Full-time employees are regularly scheduled to work at least 40 hours per week and are eligible to participate in all Company benefits subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of each benefit plan.
Salary to commensurate with experience. Opportunities for salary plus bonus or commission available.
These minimum qualifications have been agreed upon by the Company in this job class and are based upon a job analysis and the essential functions. However, if a candidate believes he/she is qualified for the job although he/she does not have the minimum qualifications set forth below, he/she may request special consideration through substitution of related education and experience, demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Any request to substitute related education or experience for minimum qualifications must be addressed to Fuse.Cloud in writing, identifying the related education and experience which demonstrates the candidate’s ability to perform all essential functions of the position.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from a standard four-year high school or equivalent (GED or High School Equivalency Diploma)
- 5+ years relevant experience required (preferred in Computer Science or Information Technology and Information Systems)
- Proficiency in Office 365, Active Directory, Servers and Virtualization
- Experience in networking
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be thorough and self-sufficient
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of Google Apps for Business
- Experience with RMM tools such as LabTech or Kaseya
- Experience with Windows and all Microsoft Office applications (Office 365, Windows 10 and Windows Servers)
- Working knowledge of mobile devices such as Android and iOS devices
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Servers and Active Directory
- Enterprise deployment and administration technologies for Microsoft client and server operating systems
- Management of SAAS Cloud platforms and hosting facilities
- Management of firewall-related needs including access and security policies
- Experience with virtualization technologies (such as Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware)
- Experience with TDM or VoIP telephony networks
- Understanding of the Public Switched Telephone Network
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate at a customer-facing level
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting Fuse.Cloud customers with service issues
- Client Patch Management
- Manage IT projects and onboard customers onto our IT platform
- Client training for all Fuse.Cloud VoIP and Managed Services products
- Desktop support to clients utilizing Fuse.Cloud IT services
- Client email hosting/maintenance
- Client desktop support/maintenance
- Client network support/maintenance
- Client data backup solutions
- Client network asset monitoring and support
- On-premise Wi-Fi Infrastructure and maintenance
- Hardware/Software upgrades for Fuse.Cloud clients
- Manage on-call IT support for Fuse.Cloud clients
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to travel to customer sites. Company car will be provided. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fuse.Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Fuse.Cloud is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Fuse.Cloud are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fuse.Cloud will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Fuse.Cloud encourages applicants of all ages.