ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER
*Note: This position is headquartered in Jackson, Mississippi, and the person selected for this position is required to work inside the Fuse.Cloud office.
The success of Fuse.Cloud is heavily reliant on the members of our finance team. The Accounts Payable Manager is a critical team member at Fuse.Cloud. In this role, the employee is responsible for oversight of the accounts payable department, coordinating and working closely with team members to ensure accurate and timely processing of all invoices, vendor payments, and returns/credits. The position will monitor and resolve past due AP and vendor dispute issues. This person must be able to initiate, maintain and grow solid relationships with our vendors and other Fuse.Cloud team members to assess existing processes and opportunities for improvement related to vendor management to minimize operational risk while improving cash flow for the company.. The position will report to the CFO.
This position is exempt from the minimum wage and overtime provisions of the FLSA. This is a full-time position. Full-time employees are regularly scheduled to work at least 40 hours per week and are eligible to participate in all Company benefits subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of each benefit plan.
These minimum qualifications have been agreed upon by the Company in this job class and are based upon a job analysis and the essential functions. However, if a candidate believes he/she is qualified for the job although he/she does not have the minimum qualifications set forth below, he/she may request special consideration through substitution of related education and experience, demonstrating the ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Any request to substitute related education or experience for minimum qualifications must be addressed to Fuse.Cloud in writing, identifying the related education and experience which demonstrates the candidate’s ability to perform all essential functions of the position.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from a standard four-year high school or equivalent (GED or High School Equivalency Diploma)
- 5-7 years managing AP in a small to medium-sized company
- Familiarity with accounts payable/procurement/general ledger financial systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong telephone presence and ability to communicate well
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be thorough and self-sufficient
- Highly motivated to succeed
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner
- Must be a quick learner, assertive, energetic and creative
- Oversee the day-to-day operational processing of all Accounts Payable disbursements.
- Ensure the validity and maintenance of data input into the financial system, effectively manage
- Reconcile of general ledger, COGS and other expenses
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of AP deliverables, including disbursements to vendors and staff, AP reconciliation activities, AP monthly close, and associated financial reporting
- Partner with Finance team leadership to ensure department-wide tasks are supported by Accounts Payable as needed
- Perform monthly vendor reconciliation to ensure costs to company are accurate
- Reconcile bank statements
- Drive AP and operations department transitions from manual to automated processes, including associated training and organizational changes
- Manage ongoing vendor cleanup projects
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the executive team
- Keep records of ongoing customer margin as required by CFO
Note: This is a brief description of the Accounts Payable Manager’s responsibilities and is not limited to those described herein. Management retains the right to add, delete or modify any of these responsibilities at any time during employment.